LAKE TITICACA 2DAYS / 1NIGHT
Enjoy a luxury train ride and a humbling homestay
A fantastic way to explore Titicaca life. If you want to get a deeper insight into how the Aymara people of Titicaca live, then leave your hotel for a night and enjoy a highly rewarding homestay. Amantani islanders still live very traditionally and very simply. You can spend the night in one of their houses, and learn a bit more about life on this remote island. Combined with one of the great train journeys of the world, this makes for a fantastic and contrasting package.
DAY 1: TRAIN TO TITICACA:
DAY 2: VISIT UROS AND AMANTANI OVERNIGHT
You board a shared tourist boat for a cruise on Lake Titicaca where your private guide fully explains the local history, traditions and agricultural methods as you visit the amazing floating reed islands of Uros and onto Amantani Island for lunch. Here you will be allocated your family home-share and once settled in, if you wish, you can attempt a tough climb to the top of the island to be rewarded by spectacular views of Lake Titicaca and an amazing sunset. You then return to your family for dinner. Whilst the accommodation is fairly basic, the experience of staying with a family is truly amazing and a great chance for a unique cultural exchange.
DAY 3: TOUR TAQUILE AND RETURN TO PUNO
DAY 4: TRANSFER TO JULIACA VIA SILUSTANI
Depending on your flight time, you can visit the pre-Inca burial towers of Silustani, before travelling on to Juliaca airport for your flight.
- Accommodation: 2 night(s) in hotel(s) in Puno, 1 night homestay in Amantani
- Excursions: Train from Cusco to Puno By andean explorer, Lake Titicaca
- Entrance fees to parks and cultural sights: Amantani, Uros and Taquile Islands
- Transfers: All airport transfers, Hotel pickup and drop-off, all transfers are assisted by English-speaking staff.
- Transport: minivan, on foot, boat
- Meals: According mentioned in the itinerary
- Local top quality English-speaking guides to accompany visits and excursions
- 24 hour support by our local staff
- International airfare, domestic airfare within Peru, airport departure taxes (Approximate cost US$ 31.00 international flights, and US$ 7.40 for each domestic flight).
- Tips on included excursions, visas, travel insurance, personal items.
- Pre & post tour accommodation.
- Spending money – allow approximately US$ 35-50 per day to cover meals, snacks, drinks, limited souvenirs, laundry, tips and any extras.